Inside jokes and memes thrive on TikTok, with a common trend involving the comments “crop” on viral videos. Creators and Viewers have also started using trending TikTok terms on Instagram and other social media platforms.
Every few months or so, a new pattern emerges that perplexes people. It is one of those times again. The new term that has been going viral in the comment section is ‘crop.’ You must wonder, “Why would people comment “crop” on someone’s video?” Well, here is the explanation:
Primarily, it is used by users in comments when they want the creator to upload the video again without any text hindering the video. They ask this so that other creators can download and use the content.
What Does “Crop” Mean on TikTok?
In the TikTok language, when users comment “crop,” they ask creators to upload their videos so that they don’t conceal the essential parts, and people can screenshot and crop them without covering the actual image and use them to create memes.
Users are spamming comment sections with the term crop, especially on celebrity accounts. It’s fascinating how another trend has gone viral; some don’t know what it means. So, let’s discuss
The phrase ‘crop’ is mainly used when some users wish to create a meme using the funny portion of a video. However, at times, the term is going around without any context.
So, to break it down in an uncomplicated form, “we need crop” means users ask the creator to post a version of the content without any captions or symbols blocking it so that users can screenshot or save it and create more content using them.
What is “Crop” in TikTok?
After seeing the comment on several videos on the website, users rush to Google to grasp what the expression “crop” means. It doesn’t have any hidden deep meaning. If you are a regular TikTok user, you must have noticed that videos there have watermarks on them.
Also, it is not possible to save or download the video. And, when you try to screen-record a video, sometimes the like, comment, and share icons on the screen block you from capturing an essential part of a video.
Many TikTok started requesting that creators upload a cropped version of their videos as they grappled with their inability to save clips. It went viral because fans couldn’t capture photos of their favourite celebrity due to distractions on the screen.
By doing this, users can download the video in its cropped form without any restrictions and take a screenshot of a still image from the video to use it to create memes.
In Which Condition do people say “Crop” on social media?
Here are some popular reasons why people comment “Crop” on videos:
- “Crop” is used to request that the uploader re-upload the image without any additional text so that users can screenshot it.
- Users often comment “Crop” when they have a particular meme in mind, and they can generate using the content in the video if it is uploaded again in a way, it can get downloaded without obstructions.
- Another reason why users comment “Crop” is when a video is too long, people might comment “crop” or “we need crop.” It means they want a shorter, straight-to-the-point version.
- The watermarks and other action keys may hide the actual content, so users may ask to upload clearer or better versions.
- TikTok doesn’t allow users to save or download a video, so “crop” could mean they want the footage without obscurity. It will enable them to screen records without any blockage.
- The comments can be linked to particular categories of videos. If a TikTok video contains a humorous or odd visual, you can request a cropped screenshot by commenting “crop.”
Example of “Crop” Meaning on TikTok
@cropqr Nah bro emoted☠️ #fyp #crop #npc ♬ original sound – ?
@crop_hub.9 #CapCut #crop #cropking #fyp #crophub #viral #viralvideo ♬ Shootout – Izzamuzzic & Julien Marchal
@the_royal_jersey_golf #crop#haha #fyp ♬ Love You So – The King Khan & BBQ Show
What other slang has TikTok generated?
Many TikTok has started using slang words regularly in their content. You must know the meaning of them to keep up with trends. Here are some most viral acronyms and terms that TikTok generated and almost every creator uses:
- Vibe check: Vibes you get from another person
- ASL: American Sign Language
- POV: Point of View
- Heather: Someone perfect or desirable
- Simp: Most in love
- Glow up: Improvement in mental or physical health
- TWF: That Feeling When
- Story Time: Asking for the longer video to explain the whole situation
- Results: When people want to see the outcome of a process
- FR: For Real
Whenever someone requests a crop on TikTok, they ask the user to re-upload their video so that it can be screenshotted and cropped without any distractions, such as the like and share buttons, the description, and the search bar at the top.
The slang crop means asking someone to upload a shortened or modified video version so that others can download and edit it.
The term ‘crop’ in the comment section means the same on Instagram as on TikTok. It refers to the request users make to the creators to re-upload the video so others can use it to make edits.
Regarding dating, “Crop” can mean that your partner does not include you. They may be cutting you out of their life.
Leave a Reply